44th Oratorio and Cantata Music Interpretation Course
Wrocław, 29 August – 8 September 2019
The Oratorio and Cantata Music Interpretation Course held in Wrocław is an event with a long and glorious tradition. It has taken place annually during the International Festival Wratislavia Cantans, since 1976, established by Prof Eugeniusz Sąsiadek.
The concern of the organizers of the course is to create opportunities for music university students and advanced II-degree music school students to develop their interests and hone their skills in combining the performance practice of vocal and instrumental music with the development of historical research, giving a more comprehensive knowledge of the informed reading of the scores.
The course is open to young vocalists of varying degrees of advancement: graduates and students of universities of music in Poland and abroad as well as adult students of II-degree music schools.
Selected young artists will have the opportunity to perform solo parts in Tolomeo e Alessandro y Domenico Scarlatti with the Wrocław Baroque Orchestra conducted by Jarosław Thiel during one or several concerts held as part of the 54th Wratislavia Cantans International Festival in Wrocław and other cities in Lower Silesia.
Classes with teachers will start on 29 August 2019, and the beginning of rehearsals with the orchestra has been scheduled for 3 September 2019.
• 12 June 2019 – applications open
• 22 July 2019 – applications end
• 26 July 2019 – announcement of the list of people qualified to participate in the Course
• 29 August 2019 – the Course begins
• 6 September 2019 - concert of the participants of the Course with the Wrocław Baroque Orchestra in Szczawno-Zdrój
• 7 September 2019 - concert of the participants of the course with the Wrocław Baroque Orchestra in the National Forum of Music
• 8 September 2019 - concert of participants of the course with the Wrocław Baroque Orchestra in Legnica
If you are interested in taking part in the course, please fill in the application form on the NFM website and attach the required video recording.
Video recordings should include the performance of any Baroque aria and the aria chosen by the participant from the opera Tolomeo e Alessandro by Domenico Scarlatti, included in the list announced by the Organizer.
Classes will take place in the building of the Academy of Music at pl. Jana Pawła II 2 and at the National Forum of Music at pl. Wolności 1 in Wrocław.
The Organizer provides accommodation and meals throughout the course.
The cost of participation in the course is 60 euros or 250 zlotys.